When starting off with Merus, what should I make sure that I have setup?
This page is intended to highlight a few items your firm and staff should accomplish before and during your first days using MerusCase.
Preparing the firm
Browser Installation: We recommend Google Chrome to get the most optimal experience out of MerusCase. Other browsers we support include Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.
Microsoft Word Installation: Depending on your version of Word, users should enable macros in Word to take advantage of our Quick Save feature or install the Save to Merus Add-In (Word 2016 and Word for Office 365).
Templates: If your firm purchased templates, make sure to follow our instructions on how to prepare your templates here.
Setting up the basics within Merus
- Setting up Case Details
- Default Case Type - select your default case type
- Default Tab - select your default landing tab when interacting with a case
- Jurisdiction - select the states in which you practice
- Default Case Activity Tag - select your recurring activity
- Setting up Save Method for Microsoft Word Templates (only necessary if you choose to use our Save to Merus Add-In)
- Setting up Dashboard preferences
Search & Filter Tricks:
Calendar and Contact Sync: