Note From within a case, clicking the New Case Event option as opposed to New Event will automatically fill in the current case in the Case field.
From Any View
- Click on the New Event button.
From (My/Firm) Calendar View
If you’re currently in Day view, then skip to step two.
Click on the desired date which will take you to the day view.
Click within the desired time which will take you to the Schedule New Event display.
Filling in Event Info
Once you have added an event, you will need to fill in the event information. In order to finish creating an event, a Title, Description, and Type must be filled. By default, a new event will have a date and duration entered for the date of creation.
Note A Case is not required for an event, but when filling in the Case field, the event will be attached to the selected case.
- Case: Attaches the event to a Case.
- Title: Creates a display name for the event.
- All Day: Select this box if it is an all-day event. On click, the duration and time options disappear.
- Begin: If it is not an all-day event, select the appropriate date and time for the event using the date & time picker or by typing a valid entry.
- Date Calculator: Takes in a length of time (e.g. ‘4 weeks’) and calculates the future date which is that far away from the current one.
- Duration: Specify the duration of the event. Custom End Date allows you to choose an end date outside of the preset Duration options.
- Custom End Date: Specify an end date & time using the date & time picker or by typing in a valid entry. Show Duration Choices displays default durations.
- Where: Input a location for your event. Upon saving, this address will link to Google Maps.
- Type: Select an event type. Customize event types firmwide.
- Assignee: Choose who is assigned to attend this event. Click Add Everyone for firmwide events.
- Details: Additional notes and/or reminders.
- Repeat the Event: Check this box if you want to create a recurring event. Choose the date for the last recurrence of the event.
- Add Related events: Add related events. If they come before the event, they will be Warnings, notifying you that the event is approaching. If they come after the event, they will be Follow-Ups.
- Case Agenda/Assignee Agenda: Displays upcoming events and tasks for both the case and the assignee to help avoid potential calendar conflicts. Clicking on an event or task from here will navigate you to the chosen item.